Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today's Topic: Food From The Discovery Shores

Posted on Apr 07, 2010 01:17 AM





To my foodie team (and guests who love food),


As D-day nears, I envy Flery's young body, as it is easy for her to lose 5 kilos in just 4 months- all she had to do was to watch what she ate (tama ba Achi?). (When I was your age I weighed 105 lbs, sheesh!)

As you know, I've been haulin' my ass off to box, do badminton 8 hours a week, and I have been willfully trying not to eat rice during dinner, but I only managed to lose 4 kilos in 3 months. There are just 24 days and I don't know what else I can do with that little amount of time, but I told myself when that day comes, I will try to eat a little,if I could at all, because the food at Discovery Shores is just as delicious as it sounds.
It would also mean the end of my self-imposed diet restriction, but I kind of like weighing less and being back to S size, so I may as well continue choosing what I eat and exercising. Thankfully, after the taste test we did a month ago at the Discovery Shores, I know what I will be having: a piece of lechon skin, the carving station's Angus beef, and mango cheesecake.

But I know the Aklan oysters are not to be missed; the Hawaiian Salmon lomi lomi would be perfect with a cocktail or the peppermint iced tea we are having customised in our signature red, green and yellow colors. Cis, you must try the clear vegetable soup with pesto (I think I have the recipe- it was that good we asked for it). Laurie would love the hand-rolled mozzarella and grape salad, while the boys (and when I say boys I mean men in general) would love the seared lamb ribs with their homemade BBQ sauce. I would also love to taste the Singaporean Chilli Crab (which L knows is my favorite- but how could I eat that at my wedding??!!). Cis, remember to taste the BLT rigatoni with bacon, arugula and sun-dried tomatoes. Belissimo! This would wash well with Imperial Moet and Chandon. Oh, for dessert, the halo halo would be perfect too. After some dancing, I'm already thinking I will go back to the buffet table and have another round.

Do I sound like a foodie? You betcha!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, all those dieting and exercise will pay off. You get to wear your 2-piece, and then eat wonderfully prepared food on the 30th. All your lovely laughter would be a great accompaniment to the video I will be taking with my Canon G11, and those who have their HD videocamera (paging JVP) please bring them along. (Hahaha. Naubos ang budgey at napunta lahat sa food!)

All those who know me know I love good food, and cheers to our friends and families who are all foodies as well!

5:00 pm, Cocktails
6:00 pm, Dinner
Venue: Beachfront
Menu EL VERANO

Chilled Seafood Selection
Assorted Sushi Rolls
Aklan Oyster Shooters with Latino Cocktail Sauce
Hawaiian Salmon “Lomi Lomi”
Lapu-Lapu Ceviche with Fresh Corn and Sweet Potatoes
Thai Tuna and Buko Juice Shooters


The Art of Garde Manger
Hand-rolled Mozzarella & Grape Salad
Grilled Eggplant Salad
Summer Potato Salad with Lemony Mayonnaise
Corn & Tomato Salad with Fresh Oregano
Grilled Vegetables & Goat Cheese Roulade
Assorted Eastern Dips with Pita Bread:
Hummus, Greek Skordalia, Cucumber Ginger Raita
Chilled Asian Noodle Salad
Fresh Tagaytay Greens


Soup Kettle
Clear Vegetable Soup with Pesto
Assorted Breads, Rolls and Crisps

Hot Buffet


Roast Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Patatas “Bravas” with Spiced Tomato Sauce and Spicy Aioli
Spice Crusted Fish Fillets, Bell Pepper-Saffron Sauce
Steamed Japanese Corn
Seared Lamb Ribs with Homemade BBQ Sauce
Grilled and Roasted Pork Roulade
BLT Rigatoni with Bacon, Arugula, and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Singaporean Chili Crabs
Mixed Seafood “Bouillabaisse”
Spanish Vegetables “Pisto”
“Paella” Steamed Rice with Chorizo
Pandan Jasmin Rice


From the Grill
Prawns
Classic Filipino Chicken Inasal
Squid
Pork BBQ
Oysters


Carving Station
Certified U.S. Angus Rib Eye Roast
Sauces & Condiments

Lechon
Spicy Toyomansi, Filipino Vinegar, Homemade Atchara

Sweet Seasons Table

Lychee “Panna Cotta”
Mango Cheesecake
Chocolate Marquise
Passion Fruit Parfait
Tropical Fresh Fruits
Choco-Peanut Butter Cake
Filipino Kakanin
Homemade Cookies
SANDS Crepe Station
SANDS Halo Halo Station
One round of soda or iced tea as part of package.

We would set up a beverage bar but don't expect too much: a combination of soda, fresh juices, mixers (vodka, tequila concoctions) and my free 8 bottles of corkage.

Sounds a good enough reason to continue jogging (Flery, Sony, Cie) and to do one on one boxing (Julia) before heading over to Bora on the 30th?
I am hoping to see you and will have somebody confirm your RSVPs by next week.

Til then!
Comments

Flery Anne on Apr 7, 2010

Hi Ma'am! :) haha, napressure ako dahil sa young body description.. I need to jog double time and twice d distance for me to maintain my weight now. recently kc I've been eating a lot again. anyway, ma'am sobrang nakakagutom naman ung reception buffet! can't wait to see and actually taste all those. i promise to eat only small amount of food a week before your wedding so I can enjoy the cocktails and dinner! exciting!

Krystle Wong on Apr 8, 2010

yummy yummy yummy! :) eating is love! hehehee!

No comments: