Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Reveal: The Wedding Gown Story

Posted on Jul 23, 2010 01:14 AM

Excerpt from the interview by Vatel Manila:

http://vatelmanila.blogspot.com/2010/06/photographer-focus-pat-dy.html

Tell us about finding your wedding dress:

I looked at the internet and magazines for inspiration. In Style, Wedding Essentials, Style Me Pretty were my favourites along with the website of Jose Villa, a wedding photographer from the US who only uses film (really!). I narrowed down the look according to what I felt fit my height, body structure, skin tone, and the theme of the wedding. Then I looked for designers to see what designs appealed to me.

I saw Debbie Co’s gown in Wedding Essentials and liked her aesthetics-clean lines but always with an accent that make it very feminine and classic at the same time. I used to visit her shop in Astoria Plaza but I didn’t know she did gowns. I sent a pdf file of my overall vision for the wedding and over ten gown pegs with my annotations. I did this with three other designers - met with them and compared prices. The most efficient was Debbie and it was pretty much a smooth experience from that first e-mail. I ended up having my mother and the mother of the groom, the flower girls’ tutu dresses, the ring bearers’ kaftans plus the bridegroom’s outfits done by her as well. It was a very enjoyable experience.



Here are two among many designs for a Boracay wedding inspiration.





I was very drawn to the very fine and soft look of this gown.




Out of the 6 designs of Debbie Co, I was torn between the first and the last.


Finally, I went with Debbie's recommendation and chose the simpler one.


I vividly remember the last fitting session where Ime cried when I was fitting the gown. It was both a touching and funny moment. The gown is so simple, and yet so lovely.

Here are wonderful shots of the gown during my wedding. At last, the reveal!





Here are shots of me, with your indulgence, rocking this simple gown!











Both MOB and MOB gowns were also made by Debbie. My instructions to Debbie were to make them gorgeous. Debbie sketched my mother's gown in less than ten minutes after we went to see her. I love the way her dress matches mine; love the wooden beads too!



L's mama's gown was more bongga and it fits her perfectly. See the creases that also match my gown?



Here are the tutu dresses of the flower girls. At first the other girl was in pink, the other in lavander. But Debbie changed it both to pink since she knows that when asked, girls would always choose pink. I also asked that instead of floor length to have their tutus cut to knee length. Here Naya looks lovely in her pink slippers and a butterfly pink headband.


The boys' kaftans. Perfect with the starfish boutonnieres.



And finally, the walk down the aisle.

No comments: