Posted on Mar 27, 2010 02:56 AM
Dear April,
The wedding ticker is starting to make me nervous, but while typing this, Glee's Rachel singing Endless Love ballad with Mr.Schu made me pause and enjoy the song (oops erase- L says no cheesy contemporary love song of any kind in the church ceremony).
Actually, I've had the Glee DVD for weeks, and a friend has been bringing me 2 DVDs each week, but I am failing to find the time to relax. Sleep is also elusive because I keep thinking of so many things happening sooner rather than later - but I try to manage, and live day by day, task by task.
Actually, your Kuya Louie and I are really tired after the last 3 days/2 nights we spent in Boracay (especially him who went to the airport without any sleep and went straight back to work for another night duty). Surprisingly, we still managed to enjoy the island and discovered more new things we'd like to share with you and Chichi when you get here for the first time. .
First of all, when you get here, drop your bag off and head outside to catch the island's gorgeous sunset. The color palette differs each day, and today we get this ideal orange sunset. Many people come out and watch the sun bid adieu; some do this even when they are alone. Just occupy a seat at the beachfront, sip a beer, sit quietly alone, be mindful of the beauty and joy surrounding you, and watch until the sun sets.
It would be ideal to have this photo shot taken at dusk, but your Kuya Louie did not bring his tripod and umbrella for this shot. Maybe you can ask Kuya Mike to bring his tripod and have your shot taken like this? ("eeeeewwwww"- mike) . But I bet, Bea would love to have this shot with her "Pare."
Photo credit: Transformers
I'm scared of what you guys might do with so little time, so I suggest you may want to catch some shuteye and reserve your strength for the night. Bora's night life is a alive and thriving, even after 1 AM. We usually sleep in the afternoon when the sun is really hot (don't forget your sublock, lalo na si Teryo), and do go out during happy hour. In Bora, we usually don't have a sense of time- so you can sleep all day and stay up all night. Truth is, I'm thinking you might be awake for the whole 3 days here haha. Or at least drunk from the stupor.
Photo credit:500 Days of Summer
Imagine: when you get here on the 29th, we have a church rehearsal.That's from 5:30 til 6:30. Then we head to basecamp: BLUE LILLY VILLA which is just across the church. We will have a BBQ party for family and the entourage, and perhaps some more friends. We will make do. Your Kuya Louie's relatives from Iloilo will bring rice and probably adobo and ripe mango. Plus of course, the freshest catch from Estancia. My relatives will probably be busy in the cooking. For our rehearsal dinner, it will be simple: kanin all you can, BBQ (pork), ribs, fish, burger patties (your Kuya Mike's favorite). In between laughter and BBQ we will most likely have ice cold beer (the Blue Lilly has a bar area, the beer we will have to order from somewhere so it's cheap). Because we won't have them at Discovery Shores. P120/bottle is robbery, man.
You won't mind if I ask Gary (talent scout for Chichi) to co-host with Chi on the games? Your Kuya L and I want the girls pitted against the boys in Pinoy Henyo. Then a beer drinking contest,which includes hula hoops after finishing the beer (yes, like a relay), and ends with firedancing (joke!). A banana eating contest would be good, but I only eat Dole cavendish banana these days (thanks to Cis), and I don't think they have it there. Buco would cost us P90 to P120 bucks so hmnnn..maybe we'd end up playing poker or tong-its?
Nah. If Buboy was here, or Cedric, we can have them play the guitar, and Bi Log can sing, "Torete" in acoustics, and we judge whether Cerlyn is a better singer than Bea, who will render the acoustic version of Borderline naman.
The attire at the rehearsal dinner should be this: 2-piece. So bahala na kayo how to interpret that. I'm thinking of Papsboy, who will not be joining us there (sad). Hay. I have to visit him before he leaves. Anyway, my Papa is a good cook, and he takes in short orders (he usually does this with his grandchildren), so don't worry about food, that's his way of showing his love- rendering an act of service (like your Kuya L, who, come to think of it, were both born on August 10).
I think on the 29th, you would have probably seen Andy9 of Magic 89.9 because they have their MagicRace4 during that week. She used to be your chicka girlfriend in Montessori pala. Invite her to join us, and I'm sure my bosses, and other men, including the boyfriends of my girls Flery and Cis will come to sort of bump into our little party. Wouldn't that be cool?
Just make sure Chichi and the guys get some sleep because you know, D-day is on Friday, and hopefully none of you will be hung-over, or is losing a tooth, or has a tiger in their bedroom, and oh I hope the guys will not misplace L! (Hangover the movie, remember?)
By Friday, we meet up at the Discovery Shores for the make-up, but Bebe, please note that Pat will concentrate on the bride and groom, and not on you ha? During our wedding, please don't cry when I look at you, because I will most probably cry too. One person I would definitely avoid looking at is Kwang. You don't know her, but I will introduce her to you.
You and Chichi make a lovely , no, in honor of Michael Jackson, a pretty young thing (couple). So don't fight if Chichi's eyes ogle at the women at the beach who will be in their latest season's swimsuits. We can look at The Boys Night Out, or some other model who will probably spend the labor day weekend there. Check your emergency kit to include double sided tapes and make sure your b__b won't be seen like what happened to Anne Curtis here. Apparently ASAP was here last week (Zsa Zsa was on the same plane as I was- big boobs (silicone), and super dry hair). Take note, she is billeted at the Shangri-la Resort, with a PA, a hair and make-up artist, plus two LV luggages in tow.
The other details we leave as to the way they will naturally unfold. Basta, enjoy the night. Enjoy the food. Trust me, the memory will be priceless. But don't ask the price because Discovery Shores is really takai, as they say in Japanese. I know you love photos, so I made a little corner into a sunset photo section, complete with loose petals and an inviting couch. Take turns while you enjoy your cocktails to the sounds of Astrud Gilberto and a lot of those chillout CDs your Kuya L has prepared. This will help you digest your food, and we start serving the alcohol na, so your Kuya Mike, who is the best man, can get himself to make a toast.
The rest will be a blur, I know, but as long as you're having fun, I will be happy. Watch out for the live performance of the Coffeebreak Island- Paul has a really really good voice. I asked for 6 autographed CDs from their manager- maybe we should make a contest and raffle it off. Basta, enjoy yourself, you can even thrash your dress, or dance in the moonlight.
In the meantime, let's prepare for our Vespa cum LV prenup shoot at the Canyon Woods on April 17, ok?
Don't get too excited. I still have tons of stuff to do at work, and I might as well force myself to sleep, because I have a 2PM flight to catch to Tokyo.
Love,
Ate Arms
Comments
april Garcia on Mar 26, 2010
Dear ate armi, :)
Nung una akala ko dear april as in the month of april. as i went through the blog nako nagets ko and nasabing "ang slow mo" hahahahaha anyways, buboy will be the drummer. hahaha sure yon! :) I hope i could take care of the boys but i am as well so much eager to explore the place so kung UNA man ako malasing, which is hindi malayong mangyari kase as of today im dreaming of MARTINIS AND MOJITOS na so goodluck! hahahaha Sobrang naeexcite na ko, and im trying to get through the day without having a glimpse of how perfect it will be in bora, pero infairness napaka bilis niya. hahaha :)) hahahaha okay okay, Pat Dy.. i get it! hahaha sorry, pipigilan ko promise! And the crying thing, nako ate arms. I can't promise you na i won't get emotional. But i am sooooo happy for you :) APRIL na in a few days. Get some rest! :) wag ngaragin ang sarili masyado. MWAH. :)
cheekoy_on_d_hauz on Mar 26, 2010
wah anong games?? anong host?? anong hostess??? hahhaaha ano toh????
No comments:
Post a Comment