Posted on Apr 29, 2010 04:06 PM
I hardly slept. Was in bed by 12;30 AM and I was awake by 6. I tried to sleep again but the effort was futile. I dreamt I was fighting with some other girl in my dream. I think I was fighting with my ugly self, trying to exorcise my being single (for the longest time) and being haunted by that image of being under a veil and a cord. Being under that veil meant succumbing to the power struggle, making me a devoted and faithful wife, listening to the husband and following his wishes. No wonder I had trouble sleeping, while L was sound asleep as soon as his back hit the bed. I should have taken Red Horse as well, like he did during rehearsal dinner, with the male entourage and his sponsors who flew in from all over. Instead I worried, and fretted, and almost panicked. The flights from Cebu Pac (or Cebu Pathetic) were getting delayed, my Moets haven't arrived, there is the case of the missing luggage and thus, two missing entourage gowns, what if my band's flight gets delayed? They won't make it to the wedding! Arrgh. By 9 PM I was panicky, and the rain, it kept raining from 4 PM til 9!
By this time, Gel of Discovery Shores knew exactly what she had to do, and almost forcibly got me out to have my Mandala signature spa, leaving behind the laughter, the alcohol, the revelry, the chaos, and the panic for a need to micro manage. So as final thoughts to a bride to be- get a good coordinator, get your entourage and guests two days before the event to get to a destination wedding, and eat out or have your rehearsal dinner catered. But the most important ones- relax, smile, walk slowly when your moment comes down the aisle, left together, right together, waltz your way to the altar and enjoy your day!
Here comes the bride!
No comments:
Post a Comment