Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Lovely Day

Posted on May 10, 2010 04:06 PM

My 2-week vacation is almost drawing to a close. Work starts tomorrow, and when people say back to the grind, I kind of know what it means, but it is still holiday today. I am visiting my parents in Sta. Mesa, Manila after voting in our local precinct, while the hubby (yes, it feels good saying that) is already back to work after casting his vote in Quezon City. So I guess things are going back to normal, and a good thing too, since I can not just watch the video and onsite photo coverage of Bordoy Viterbo and Pat Dy over and over. I can not continue waking up eager to view new photos from friends who uploaded them, and or reading comments on those photos from friends and families all over the world, made possible by Facebook. I do not live in fairyland where friends and families continue to regale me with delightful inside stories as we do a post-mortem of that wonderful day. I have to come down to earth.

She Says:

I can not be any happier about that day. All those nights spent planning, for a single day's event-- the happiness of bringing together our families and friends made it all worth it. Everything just seemed to fall into place. Friends were there, pitching in, as coordinators, as yaya, as eventologist, as hosts. Cielo was my maid of honor, and her absence during the planning was not felt because she was there to take charge of the day. Our other friends became her soldiers, obeying without resistance any order she barks out. How could I almost forget about Mama being there for the photo op while we're getting dressed before going to church? She had the presence of mind to know this (after marrying off her two sisters), and asking my mother to come back for those precious photo ops.

Sony is a real trooper, assisting both Louie and me, while still attending to Cielo's errands (for me- ok, the trolley carrying in the sand and watching it wasn't for me).

Charmz, thank you for wrapping the gifts for the offertory, and for agreeing to lector and to make a speech in front of everyone. I could hear you singing, I could see you crying, and I still remember the happiness etched on your face as we made our thank you speech.

Rea, you were as cool as a cucumber and as lovely as ever. Emi and Yoy, your words, your families being there made it extra special. Now we are all officially tied to one another.

The Kingspoint boys and girls provided all the laughter:" A TOAST" (I thought it was all there was to Mike's toast, those two words); April's unforgettable reading of the responsorial psalm, and all of you girls battling it out to win Pat's attention, while the boys were oggling the Lim sisters.

Thanks to Robert and Anne who made it to our wedding- they are up next! They are a lovely couple, and more than the physical, they both have good hearts.

So it is no surprise to surround ourselves with our friends at the presidential table while we let our parents sit together with our other relatives (who were catching up, yes, like a reunion), and our other friends and colleagues on the other side, so they too can have as much fun as they can.

I remember distinctly two things during the wedding- my walk down the aisle and the onsite coverage of our photographer and videographer. The first was my moment, when everyone's eyes were on me, while at the same time they were holding their digital cameras and phones. Everyone had a huge smile on their face, and I finally succumbed to that LoVe, hugging it in my heart, made visible by my tears. I was very happy and at the same time felt serene at that very moment. You wouldn't know, but the previous night I was almost ready to micromanage, and worried too much about the weather. It rained on the 28th, and it POURED on the 29th. But since I know our mothers would pray to God for sunshine, I calmed down when I was dragged out of the happy family reunion at the rehearsal dinner to relax and get ready for my day. Every bride needed that. I just regret that we didn't get to spend a lot of time with our relatives.

The other highlight of that beautiful day was when we all sat down to look at Pat's photos and Bordoy's onsite video coverage. At first there was clapping, a lot of oooohhing and aaaaahhhhhhhhhhing, then peals of laughter, tears of joy...and then finally shrieks. The photos and videos totally captured the tone, the mood, the colors, the vibe, the loveliness of that special day, seen in us as a couple, our parents, our friends, our guests.

On hindsight, as we thanked everyone during the bride and groom's thank you speech, we may have forgotten those other special people in our lives who have helped shape this day- our prayer warriors (Hi Mariel), our artist/photographer friends and families who helped design a lot of the wedding details (special thanks to Dandee for the directional signages, they were perfect!, Ellen for the stickers, and Marco for the Vespa photoshoot, which I used as inspiration for the flowers, and the color scheme), Dylan my newfound love- you are an artist and as a line from the movie goes, "If you build it, people will come". Your flowers were exquisite! Ate Rory for booking my guests, taking care of my family and battling your first wedding- I thank you for your time and new-found friendship. To all our friends and families who wished us well, but could not make it, thank you for your gifts and warmest wishes.

As for Louie, finally being together will make the laughter unending. You truly make me shine.

What else can a girl ask for?
Comments

cie on May 10, 2010

awww ... couldn't be happier for you and chris :p

Krystle Wong on May 10, 2010

So happy for you Ms. A :)
Stay hot and gorgeous!
I'm happy to see you glowing with all the love and happiness in this world. Mwah!
- K

Jovs Lim on May 12, 2010

such a lovely & unforgettable wedding & reception....our best wishes to the both of you sis arms...loveyahlots! mwah

myr lim on May 12, 2010

one of the most romantic & intimate weddings i have ever had the pleasure to attend. and my first beach/sunset wedding to witness. kudos sis for all your hard work (they are so worth it!) and best wishes to you and Chris. may love surround you both always & forever! mwah xoxo

No comments: