Tuesday, November 30, 2010

69 Days, 11 lbs and 1 inch to go

Posted on Feb 20, 2010 11:52 PM

Most of the wedding@works bride to be's share not just their supplier ratings but their woes. A lot of them rant about the issues with their suppliers, the families, the husband to be, and their bodies. Yes, name it, and we have discussed it. It's privy to the members but one common issue is about losing weight.

There is a mad dash about planning and paying , selecting , interviewing and finalizing stuff with vendors, but when it comes to weight, first of all, the supreme genes win, second, the one who tries the hardest has everything to gain. But at the end of the day, we all aspire to look and feel our best from the inside to the outside.

Last week I had boxing on Monday, badminton training on Tuesday, badminton queuing on Wednesday, a Saturday morning badminton training that involved planks, crunches and core exercises, and today, I just finished over 3 hours of badminton game. That's over 9 hours of exercise this week. Yet my weight has plateaued. When every muscle aches, including the arms (which I never exercised before), I wonder why I do this,and if the end goal will be satisfying.

But then, the main reason I set out to do this in the first place is to lessen the stress, to have renewed energy and focus, and, finally to set out to have a goal. The goal is tough,and I don't know if I will be able to complete it, but at this very moment, even though my muscles are aching, and my weight is the same as last week's, I will move on, a day at a time, one meal at a time.


NOTE TO SELF: Don't let go.

Whatever happens, the event will just be a day, and I know I am going to have a fabulous time.
Have you found your DYOSA white dress na?


*****
By the way, on the invite it says the mass starts at 2PM, but it will actually be at 3 PM. And even if the attire says white, you can wear whatever you want- just no maongs please! We are after all, at the beach!

No comments: