Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today's Topic: The Beauty Regimen

Posted on Mar 06, 2010 11:37 PM

First of all, it's March, and we now have only 56 days til the big day.

However, work is at its busiest ever. This month, we've launched a major summer campaign (media launch was last week), and the store launch is this Wednesday. But this early, the feedback is positive and I already get mails from people I don't know asking if they can share about our 7-elections after I posted some pictures on my facebook page (check out www.7-elections.com.ph), One asked to blog about it, and so on and so forth. There is buzz, and we're all excited for the Wednesday launch. There will be two other major activities, a tradeshow, a supplier's night event, and a business trip to Tokyo. Again, note to self: Bakit ko pinili ang peak season? Plus my pamangkins are leaving soon! And all those weekends I'm gone!

In between working at home, at the office, and after office, I still do my Monday boxing, Tues/Thursday circuit training and Wed, Sunday badminton. Lately, I sleep way past 12, sometimes at 2 AM, yesterday at 3 AM. Must be the OC in me trying to make sure things are in order. My maid of honor, is apparently more busy than me since Cielo is transferring to SG for a new job at Rolls Royce while juggling her teaching post at UST and the job she just quit. So at night I lay awake, stickering the invites (thanks Kamille for sending them out for me), checking my gantt chart, chatting with my coordinator, and coordinating with L for approval (who is, as usual, on EMEA time).

This day, I added one more agenda to my regimen. The beauty regimen.

After a grueling circuit training with Tan, I paid a visit to my regular dermatologist, and my last visit was in 2007. I told him I disappeared because L and I used to go there together at that time, and we split up shortly after that so I just stopped going, but I am back since we are getting married (yey! they say) and I wanted to ask what sort of beauty regimen I should do (hoping to get some sympathy, congratulations and discount all at the same time- negotiation skills, hehe).

Doc Melvin (brother of Triggerman) tells me that thanks to technology there are many things that are fail- proof. I tell him what do I do with my arms, I want to lose inches! He pretends not to notice what I said and focuses on my face.

Doc: Patingin nga ng mukha mo (then he flips his microscopic gear which is almost always attached to his head)
Bubble thought: (Matatakpan naman ng make-up ang discoloration ng face ko eh.)
A: Doc, yung arms ko paliitin mo wag yang mukha ko tignan mo
Doc: Aba syempre kelangan magsimula sa mukha
A: Ok, fine!
Doc: Maayos naman, malinis naman mukha mo. Pero nanggigigil ako sa nunal mo, i surgery na natin yan.
A: Doc parati mo sinasabi yan, pero arms ang gusto ko lumiit!



Photo courtesy of Style Me Pretty


He then tells me about his new machines, a therma wave (RF) device that tightens the skin, and a lipoderm machine that dissolves fat via laser. He quotes me a price, which is generous, compared to the 2 other doctors I went to.

The reason I wanted to research is because there are so many things they are saying out there, and I wanted to hear for myself. Does it really work? (Note to self: Donate the abs machine rocker i got from shopping TV last year- a fat chunk of my bonus went to ....the closet).

I asked many questions pa, and told him is it safe if I exercise, because I exercise a lot these days. And what is mesotherapy? Why are you not recommending it when two years ago you wanted me to exercise before you inject me with that messo thing. He said because mesotherapy is via injection so aside from the fact that it is invasive, it is painful and I may have bruises. So back to technology, and he plus sells me a package.

I thought about it but ended up with a power peel. He said 3 powerpeels before the wedding and I should be fine. Note to self: Hindi ka artista hahaha

In the meantime I was thinking of several things:

I think I found her! There is this pair of satin shoes that caught my eye the last time I was at Rockwell. I think she's the one!

My first bridal dress fitting is also due this week. Shocks!

Pre-nup photo pegs. A DIY project or entrust to a professional?


"Chillax." It's saturday, and I am signing off with a glass of Sauvignon.


You know you love me,
XOXO

No comments: