Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Thing Is....

hindi kame.

So what was he doing there?

What was I doing, getting out the Voltes V DVD I bought months ago, unopened, waiting for this time, opening it and hoping it was indeed Steve Armstrong and the gang instead of He-Man? We watched and I was in awe at this 70s series that had him begging his Papa for the robot toy-- I can't blame him, I wanted one myself as I watch Steve, Mark, Big Burt, Little John and Jaimee volt in (and that was yesterday). We watched and laugh as this (English)Pinoy-dubbed Japanese anime unfolds, imitating the Pinoy accent, and the lack of emotion and energy by the voice talents (Joonee Gamboa had excellent diction and emotion, as Dr. Smith, though). I marvel at how he remembered the storyline for each episode, but what was I doing when I asked to copy his audio CDs of anime songs from Voltes V and Mazinger Z?

What are we doing, crying, asking why all of these had to happen?

What were we doing asking all the questions, that we threw back and forth at each other, not in anger, but in sincere hope that they be answered?

..and why are we both accepting things as they are, believing things will get better, listening, yet unable to let go?

I have learned to take his point of view, and he has learned to accept mine. If love means letting go vs loving as not giving up, what is the compromise? We both said we wanted the other to be happy.

In the end, we were back to where we were before, and after.

The thing is, hindi nga kame...

No comments: