Sitting across the corner of Pioneer Street is a home that is also a restaurant and a selling establishment, present for over 17 years. It is called Cafe Juanita, serving Filipino, Mediterranean, even Japanese food. It is quaint, quirky and flamboyant at the same time. Something a designer called Bobby in LA is known for, combining Asian craft finds with antiques and boa feathers, colorful crystal chandeliers with European tea cups. It looks like an old ancestral house during the day, but morphs into something else at night, when all the chandeliers are lit up. The place is almost always filled, with couples out on dates, friends, families, businessmen/women. I went out with my friend Cie, together with the ya-ya sisterhood. This is a girl moment, which rarely happens, but when we do meet up, it is nothing about business but everything about life.
On Thursdays and Fridays, the place is complemented by classic tunes played by a pianist.
I wear my new Warehouse mini-dress which silhouettes every curve (my staff called me sexy on this one with the front and back, even including the side curves-ha-ha) with a multi-colored necklace I bought ages ago. I don't care. I have a mini-dress.
P. S. The arms, though, I don't know how to trim the arms.Lost 10 lbs already but I don't know how I will keep the weight off!
No comments:
Post a Comment