distract me,
talk to me about anything, something
confuse me, silence me
with your words,
swirling thoughts...
Before I could get distracted by myself, my call master message tone beeps.
M:12 hours of alcohol. Fun. If i were still in college. Fuckit.
Me: So you're lasing and texting me huh. I'm trying desperately to distract myself from calling the ex
M: Fuckit. Yoko na uminom. And no, october is best spent with non exes. So zip it. ü
Me: Am seated at the throne, writing,nothing coming out (of the writing, and the throne). I just want a dreamless uninterrupted sleep m. Is that too much to ask? Maybe if I drown myself with wine I can. I will.
Me: I'm not calling him or seeing him. It's the brain, confused from lack of sleep. Why am I so stupid when it comes to men? Powtah,gimme some of that beer..
M: Try staring into black empty space.
Me: I definitely have the wrong cd on. Sade will not lead me to black empty space
M: 30mins worth lang of a playlist ha.
Me: Dude bakit may time limit?
M: At the 31st min tulog ka nyan.
M: Try Portishead. ü (the "obscure" CD I asked him to burn for me- a collection of songs from unknown artists. Turns out I have a cd of portishead circa 1998.)
Me: Its not working. And portishead leads me to an abyss. I don't get them. Hahaha
M: Not getting them is good. If you're able to relate, you process. Otherwise its just ambient noise. Take it from a recovering insomniac.
Me: But it is noise. Like the dead calling out to some poor soul to come join them in the abyss.
M: Hehe. U wanted obscure. ü
Me: My lullaby songs these days are Apo-the Original Hit Songs, 10 Years Together and Banda Rito. But my heart is thumping now.
M: Apo! Pakshet thought provoking. As bad as the Hotdogs and VST and Co...For best effect I listen to lounge music. With the subwoof to full.
Me: Nah. Bores me with their sing songy melody. But when I'm awake I love them. Is that weird?
M: Not at all!
Me: Pare for someone who's lasing, your grammar and spelling are still ok. You're very coherent. Inum ka pa
M: You're monitoring my grammar?!
Me: Relax. There's nothing wrong with it.
Me: Ahh. I get it. He's (the ex, there, drinking) with you.
M: Ha! Am with a girl.
Me: Uhmnnnn..then why are you texting me. Panget yan noh.
M: Sos. I do it under the table.
Me: Ok, boring sya. Maganda sya pero boring sya.
M: Korek.
Me: Hahaha. Kakatawa ka. That's good though. Am totally distracted.
****
This is my friend M, who, somehow, ends up texting me when he's drunk, or thinking of getting drunk. Then he disappears...into the abyss once more. I like his short appearances, though. Stimulating.
No comments:
Post a Comment