The road forked ahead in front of me. I chose the right one. It was long and arduous and I ended up almost spent, lost and really tired. I almost didn't make it. Afraid and hapless, with a crushed spirit, I prodded on.
The road at the end led me to another crossroad. I chose the left this time, relying on my own obstinate mind, without a map, and hardly without thinking. It was the more scenic route, but one that lay at the edge of a cliff. I paused and I pondered, but I didn't care. It was exhilarating, and did I mention I didn't care?
At night I rested with a weary heart, knowing what I should have done in the first place. I should not have left him. He would lead me, had I chosen to listen to him whispering to me to not be afraid, I will not be alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment