My eyes are now open,
I am awake
But in my dreams you distract me
Confuse me, silence me.
Swirling thoughts go back and forth
You are everywhere and nowhere.
I see you. Talk to me—
Against the cacophony of sounds that linger on,
As I try to be still, while the pained look on your face
Blinds me from the photographs and memories
That I have kept in my heart.
Help me. Breathe me.
I am warm, I am small
In a white casket.
I stood watching
But I am light, I am free.
Talk to me, come to me.
To say goodbye to the past.
I rise again. I embrace, tenderly welcome
this graceful moment
where life offers a chance to start over.
I no longer chase you. I am light, I am free.
Look at me one last time.
For I am no longer me.
My eyes are now open,
I am awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment