Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Quotable Quotes for the Romantic and the Realist

Him: I just wanted to see you. That is all. My mind is empty on what that could have achieved. And being silent makes me hear those that are more important than words.
Her: Because we are adults, allow me to ask you, what did you hear?
Him: I heard Toni Mitchell singing over the speakers. I heard a deep longing for affection and ambivalence to pursue a passion because of uncertainty. I heard a somber voice of love and great compassion for another. And my cry for forgiveness for having failed you due to my weakness.

****

Her 1: Why have you ceased to be the old you, why all work and no play?
Her 2: Because that is my goal this year, this is the different me. Because If I do not focus on work, I will be sad and lonely. As for you, I do miss the fully-engaged you.
Her 2: Who? Me?
Her 1: Yeah. You are neither here nor there. You are everywhere and nowhere. Better..pero betterer dapat!
Her 2: That's ironic. Fully engaged. I was, wasn't I? You can't have that old me back. But betterer should be fine.


****

Her 1: Let's put this in perspective. He is smart, attractive, romantic, down to earth and very very honest, but he's not available. Where will it lead to? Should experiencing that joy,that longing, make for a better, fuller life?
Her 2: Don't believe na what I say. I fell in love with him tonight, sitting across me not saying anything.


****

Her 1: It's not a game, it's a tactic. You're negotiating. They like somebody who doesn't seem to need any man.
Her 2: But what's the point, if they don't think she needs a man, how can she get a man? There is no getting and having there.
Her 1: He answered that with a smile.
Her 2: So what's my lesson again tonight?
Her 1: yada yada yada..
Her 2: Yeah. Write that down so you won't forget.

No comments: