Monday, October 22, 2007

Black, Blue and You Concert

The surprising thing about the Black Eyed Peas concert,and probably one of the key reasons for their success is this:you are getting all these different artists all in one. Apl has a number, Will has a new single out, while Fergie has her own album. Taboo, well, he has the fewest lines there but it's ok, we all can't be superstars, right?

I'd look at them perform onstage with mostly teenage and young crowd (twenties), and in Bangkok, you have children of expats or expats themselves watching the concert with a 32 ounce beer in one hand. Thai girls all petite, lean and with figure hugging tops and shorts or in minidresses, with long straight hair and makeup gyrating to the beat, taking digicam shots of themselves with the BEP stage at the background, and the success of the Black Eyed Peas is apparent, even with the international crowd. I love the BEPs, but I love danceable tunes anyhow (I love dancing, clubbing), but they are especially great when doing a workout, or you want a wake-upper on the car tuner.

Let me tell you about Fergie, though. She is smoking hot. Her hotness just comes out, engulfing the stadium, enough to infect you, what with her midriffs, little plaid skirt, her beautiful, beautiful waist and abs, and her energy. Take her out and you actually have 3 geeks on stage. With her there, it kind of balances off things. What do I really love about her? She is sexy and casual. She's always in this sexy little outfits (shorts, capris, waist-exposing tops, yes, complete with the tiara, like what Blog girl said),and sneakers or flats, and she can gyrate, pump it up, do cartwheels and sing! At one point, her outfit was unexpected, a tight violet leather pants with a white t-shirt with violet print (Take Control or something), and yes, that ponytail extension that she flipped round and round at the encore when everyone was doing a dance showdown to the words and melody," I'm in Bangkok! I'm in Bangkok!!"

It was fun, even if we had to run to JW Marriott Hotel to catch them for the meet and greet, the 5-minute photo op was worth it. We were star-struck!

No comments: