Over the years I have built solid friendships and there would be times when I don't have the time to meet them separately so on one or two occasions I'd let them meet each other, until now they have conversations even I am not a part of. A barkada from high school, college classmates, org mate, friends from my first job; we are in different professions-a lawyer, IT consultants, events guy, real estate guy, a college professor/financial consultant, but our conversations would swerve from the times we slept in cheap folding beds in the "happy house" where 10 people lived together, years before Pinoy Big Brother came to be; to our struggles in our current lives- are there more women than men now? (apparently male sperms die faster than female sperms, raising more chances of having a female child), in raising children (we say EQ vs IQ- no to memorization and an excess of math drills but yes to becoming socially adaptable), in accepting a life of being single, divorce or no divorce, how kids should be taught financial investment.
I found it relaxing to look at them interacting without much intervention; they are after all, my friends, and no one is over the top or hoarding the conversation. Some guys would have their moments, but it's all in good,clean fun; an exchange of ideas and differing opinions which make conversations all the more interesting. It was an impromptu, small and exclusive gathering of my closest friends who entertained me tonight, and have blessed me countless times over the years. The key? Show genuine interest to the other people, listen, interact, good food, plenty of drinks, dessert, and a calm, relaxing restaurant. (I just got my M cafe discount card today).
To Ms.D, Mr. Pechay, thou-who-shall-not-be-named, Mr and Mrs fairy tale, room mate and Cie (wala pa ko code for you), thank you all for being my friends, you are truly, among God's countless blessings. We missed Maan, Ime and Roblao tonight. There will be another time.
To my team from marketing, thank you for your gifts

and the preparation

for today, you don't know how much i appreciate your efforts. I know you wish for my happiness ..and love life. Maybe. God is telling me, maybe. In His time.
No comments:
Post a Comment