It's Friday, and kinda still my birthday. I forget this as Hyperbeat (led by superhyper Nancy) greets me to the tune of Pretty Woman, and asks me to sing onstage. Gasp. I wasn't drunk enough. So they give up, or so I thought. A guy on the band (you know, long hair, old, sweaty, gave up on his fitness regimen) sang to me on stage. How embarassing, because I couldn't look him in the eye, or the face (I'm not being judgemental, he's just so..panget), although he sang beautifully.
So my mind drifted off, because I couldn't see the crowd anway who was cheering..jeering.. for a kiss. And then i was thinking ,"He used to sing that song to me..In fact, he used to sing to woo me, and last year, just at the end of the year, he said he wanted to sing at least 5 songs to me on our wedding day ".
And then there it was, that moment... just like an old memory fading; there was no pain, it was just a fleeting thought-and yes,I wasn't drunk enough not to feel, but there's nothing to feel. The thought passed, and am back to the realiity that I'm happy today. And JV Ejercito is watching me on stage.
Happy Birthday to me.
3 invites, no, actually 4 invites from 4 men, and I still hem and haw. I want to watch a movie with a boy, you know, old school, date. Ok, actually, I just wanna watch Harry Potter, and not with my brother.
Abangan! In the meantime,
I. Can. See. Clearly. Now.
No comments:
Post a Comment