
17 July - 5 August 2007
Ground Floor Gallery, Ayala Museum
Everyone knows I love Japan " Dai suki nihon desu!", and yesterday I did not miss the opening of the Japanese pottery exhibit at the Ayala museum. This collection of more than 70 pieces used to be displayed separately in Dumaguete and Baguio and is now on loan to the Ayala Museum until August 5.
Japan has traditionally produced a large amount of ceramic works. This exhibition introduces outstanding works by young artists who are continuing the kiln tradition in areas renowned for their distinctive styles such as Arita and Karatsu, Hagi, Bizen, Kyoto, Kutani, Seto and Mino and Mashiko.
When I stayed in Japan I wanted to invest in their pottery and lamps. I bought 2 vases, the other one is so pretty I used it as an art piece in my living room. The pieces displayed at the museum are much much more creative, one of a kind, artistic.."subarashii".
Not surprisingly, the Japan Foundation will also be holding several activities in relation to this:
1. Multi-awarded Japanese potter, Toushin Murayama will conduct pottery workshops at the Ayala Museum on July 28 (for adults) and August 4 (for kids). Toushin Maruyama has gained wide recognition in Japan since 1979 when he was presented a prize by the mayor of Hagi at the The Modern Crafts Exhibition of the Chugoku Area; the following year, he won the special prize. Succeeding years brought him various awards in both local and international crafts competitions and exhibitions. In 2004, he was named “Person of Cultural Merits in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Hagi City”.

For more information on the exhibit visit www.ayalamuseum.com
2. Pappa Tarahumara's THREE SISTERS: A Contemporary Dance Performance
July 20-21; 7 PM at the Carlos P Romulo Stadium
RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue corner Sen Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati
FREE ADMISSION
Call: 811-6155-58 for reservations
In August, the Camera Club of the Philippines, in celebration of their 80th year will be opening an exhibit called ELEMENTS: Photoconstructed Realities. Watch out for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment