Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, ET!



She is four inches taller than me, and on hindsight, the only reason I think that is, is because she kept sleeping during our childhood- I mean that's what I remember mostly about her. She would eat like a bird and would be asleep most of the time. While I played patintero and teks, was bitten by a dog, got accelerated and had a weird encounter with an old tree and an albularyo in elementary, she just played with Barbie and had a pretty uneventful childhood. While I learned the household chores and learned how to manage my time, she was probably watching Sesame Street (where we learned our english). I'm intense, she's relaxed. That's why when we play badminton, she keeps laughing while I shake my head for my errors (hah!). In the end, I just learned how to keep calm and stay relaxed by being with her.

One day she digs up this old photo and I almost kill her for it. What an ugly face, oh, but look at that smile- so earnest and totally unaware of vanity. This was taken when I was still taller than her, and by fourth grade she was already taller, and I knew I was going to be the shorter ate. She bluetooths this to my phone while giggling, mostly because she looked normal while I looked err..funny. I realize that though I had teeth then braces after this photo was taken, I still have the same smile. (The smile that can eat your heart out, yes!).

To be an ate, to have siblings, is like being a mother. You worry about their future, and every happy moment they have you feel is yours,too. And her kids, I feel like they're my extension and lugi negosyo when you have a nephew and a niece. And so eventhough we're sad that you will leave us (on my birthday pa), we're happy you will be together again as one family with Ronald in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Really, choose another continent because I have no plans of visiting the middle east, and Ysabel should get a college education (there's basically none for women there).

Still I keep wondering how we even became sisters when we look and are so different from one another. But you know what, we both have a good heart. Naks. Uy, yung gold bracelet ko from saudi. Harharhar.

No comments: