
What: Mitch Valdez and Rico J. Puno's live musical show dubbed ,"MR2..Online!"
Where: Music Museum, Greenhills
When: June 15-16, 8 PM
Orchestra tickets arrive at my table, I got nothing to do on a Friday night, and I could sure use a dose of infectious laughter, so I am going. I remember Mitch Valdez as the short-haired lady who didn't wear a bra on noontime TV! Talk about a diva. Rico J..hmnn..I want to gauge his sex appeal, even if he is old enough to be my father. God, how time flies!
But what's with the vague title? MR2? Online??? There is no marketing appeal to the show title as it is generic, unforgettable, and even confusing.
Postscript: Rico J. Puno's newly tufted head, his sexual jokes, and grammar (har har har) were sometimes distracting, plus he could have rehearsed more with Mitch. Mitch could have sang more (she had more kwento and jokes), but the show was mildly entertaining. Rico's sex appeal does not appeal to me, but I would have watched his solo show anytime because of his raspy, quality voice that do well with Tagalog songs (Apo's Nakaw na Sandali, plus many other signature songs). Eventhough age has made it harder for him to complete breathing on his notes, his voice, and style, is truly, one of a kind. And that's what people pay to see. I don't pay to see just the average.
1 comment:
Rico J rules!
Post a Comment