1. The Dip

From a critic: "The one possible weakness of this otherwise terrific little volume is that it is aimed solely at people who are creative, intelligent and want to succeed. Those who are mediocre, unmotivated or just coasting through life will probably not get much from Godin. He is not an elitist, but his message is squarely aimed at those who want to succeed or at least achieve excellence."
2. Joy of Mixology:The Consummate Guide to Bartender's Craft

After I take up a cooking class on appetizers and salads, yes?
3. Go Put Your Strengths to Work

A funny story on this one. Or sad. I had a very exhilarating time dancing to the 80s tune of a hi-lo aero class from a bading who came from San Francisco when I went to Gold's Gym Makati for the first time. I was doing fine at the beginning even if it was an advanced class, but then this guy from a row behind started edging his way onto the front as the steps got more complicated. He is so white, so Chinese and so buffed, to be in perfect sync with the instructor. I let him lead, after all, he is so good. And I'm, well, average-ish? But oh, what a feeling. Maybe it's not too late to change careers, and put our strengths to work.
3. A Hatful of Seuss: Five Favorite Dr. Seuss Stories

4. 101 Poems That Could Save Your Life: An Anthology of Emotional First Aid

5. 101 of the World's Best Houses

6. 50 of the World's Best Apartments

7. 48 Laws of Power
I want to have a "THICK FACE, BLACK HEART". Yeah, baby!

8. A Guide for Grown-ups: Essential Wisdom from the Collected Works of Antoine de Saint-Exupery
No comments:
Post a Comment