Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mean and Bitter vs Girly and Sentimental

You hurt me.
I am scarred
and broken
and stiff.

No matter what I do,
how I try,
I can not feel,
but be mean
and bitter.
I lash out to the world-
Oh what a misery I've become.

Except-
I face life with a smile.
I grow sentimental and
write poetry,
listen to music,
sing songs!
I yearn for my dreams
of long ago
and question what tomorrow
may bring.

I laugh, I eat;
I breathe, I cry,
I panic, I die.
I think, and I sparkle;
I write and I mumble.
I am certain, then I fumble;
I am confident, I am weary.


All these things-
when all I wanted
all I ever really wanted,
was to be
with you.
And all you could tell me,
was to move on,
so you can move on.


I am mean
and bitter,
and girly
and sentimental,
And how,
oh how I hate it so.

No comments: