" I like DEAD END signs..
I think they're kind.
They at least have the decency to let you know you're going nowhere"
-Bugs Bunny
I woke up today dreaming or thinking (I can't disconnect the two in the groginess of the morning)," Why did he leave? , "Why can't I just make thoughts about him go away? Why do I get teary-eyed still when I hear from his friends who ask me how I am and want to see me? Why? Why? Why?"
The truth is, it doesn't matter why. Yes, yes, you (and you) told me that, many times over. And the more important question is, "WHAT can I do today to make things better?"
The truth is, happiness is a daily decision. Once I set my mind to give it my all for the day, I am fine. Sometimes, when it's a bad day, I tell myself," just another hour and the day is over."
The truth is, as somebody told me "You should be over him NOW!"
***
Actually I have one single goal now, and you guys know what it is: to change my body, to be physically fit, to be more active. I have taken diet pills over the past years and all it ever did was make my heart palpitate, make me dehydrate and make me feel good for a month, after which I'd start regaining pounds. I've spent thousands of money on diet pills that would have been better spent on a lifetime gym membership. Why? Because I am impatient. I want instant results; because I didn't want to exert effort.
The truth is, I should allow myself time to improve. I need to be more patient and persistent. I'm giving myself 6 months to see progress. I am committed to do whatever it takes. Andrew Matthews said setting a goal is important not for what you get or accomplish in the end, but for what you BECOME. And you know what?
So far, it has helped me feel better.
When I fell better , I think better,
When I think better, I act better.
And when I act better, I am happier.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment