Today I give myself full marks.
-10 points for showing up at the badminton court. Just deciding to NEVER NEVER GIVE UP merits full points, of course!
-10 full points for trying to run despite the fact that I feel so heavy. Run,chubby, run! Ha-ha-ha
-10 art of seduction points for getting second glances from guys at the court. May asim pa...but wait, there's more! Must be the short Mesuca shorts that I keep pulling down.. Ha-ha-ha.
- again, full marks for sweating a ton and completing (yes) the 2-hour workout despite the fact that I was willing to throw in the towel after 30 minutes. You see, you get more points for perseverance
- finally, i give myself 10 more points for believing I CAN DO IT. Game NOT over, no siree!
-10 points for a productive and brief meeting with ops. We're winning them over
-another 10 points for getting coke and pepsi working together for our customers. We get the best from the competition.
-10 full points for an exciting Slurpee campaign. Watch out for it!
-10 full points for showing up at work before 930 AM. Ha-ha-ha!
-10 points for showing up at the derma and tolerating the pain in the name of beautification.
These days after the weekend late nights, the beers, the carbonara eating, the nuts, the cakes, all the meat, the eating like a boy, I'm tempted to LET GO. Stop becoming this maintenance girl--stop the waxing, the pulling, the rebonding, the whitening, the trimming, the finger painting, stop all these efforts.
But I look at L's friends, in their 20s, with the beer bellies, and I look at my fashion magazines, and my beautifully-textured Zara clothes and the many dresses I still want to buy and I make a swift decision.
I'm a girl after all. And I still want to wear that 2-piece suit, remember?
It will take time, but my goal is realistic. Lose ten and keep it off.
A productive day, tomorrow we start again.
No comments:
Post a Comment