Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Men Are From Mars

While watching ETC channel, Mirriam Quiambao pops on the screen, extolling the virtues of the new Olay.

Mirriam Quiambao:"I can't imagine any moisturizer na better pa than Olay...Pero meron pa palang mas maganda!"

Me (thinking): "Her headshot on this TVC is the best so far; she has this wonderful body contour, I thought when I saw her at an Ayala Museum event, but her face has many unflattering angles. In some magazine shots her lips look too awkward, in her Lactacyd commercial she didn't look good enough to be a model with her pink lipstick totally not agreeing with her morena complexion."

Mirriam: "I rerecommend ko sa mga friends ko na mahilig magpatreatment! Only Olay can replace Olay!

Me (Still thinking):.."But in this commercial, I couldn't get over the fact that they got it right this time. I was surprised that she looked unblemished,(probably airbrushed), soooo white, (lighting and some software magic), but she had the right colored-lipstick, the right angle facing the camera and so basically she looked like a beautiful swan with her long neck and polished look... "

All these thoughts on a 30-second commercial.

Louie (aloud, taking one look at the commercial then going back to his stuff):Ah, ulul!

No comments: