Thursday, January 03, 2008

So How Did Your 2007 Go?

So how did your 2007 go?

I am tempted to say it was a lousy year for me, highlighted by frustrations, a broken heart, huge expenses and failing at a personal fitness program. On the other hand, 2007 was a most challenging year, bigger and the most exploratory. I've sunk through the depths of despair (and triumphed), traveled across the other side of the world (what a discovery), taunted my religion (went back), pushed my physicality (I can if I really want to)and explored my inner self (the joy of writing, history, creativity), in the end, coming full circle to where I was, and yet the circumference has changed. I am different, playing in a different field, ready for more.

I didn't know if I liked much of 2007, ok I think it was the best of times, and the worst of times, but I have no regrets. What the past year has taught me is that one can crash and burn, but there is always a chance to start over. Always.

Happy New Everything!

No comments: