This is the first time I didn't make new year's resolutions. Especially about the weight. On the other hand, I am making a list of places that inspire and I am planning to have my upcoming holidays, weekends and vacation leaves be inspiration-filled. It is time to upgrade my vision for a future. Do you have in mind a place that inspires? Please do share them with me.
1. Top of the list is Carlos Celdran's Intramuros Walk: This is again from my burgeoning interest in the past. The Philippine history is full of stories, and I love stories. I think that is my ultimate dream, to tell lots of stories.
2. New places in the Philippines to visit: Club Adventure made their list of 350 top places to visit in the Philippines, and this year I have my sights on finally visiting The Banaue Rice Terraces and Sagada, plus the route of Vigan, La Union and Pagudpod. Bohol with my elementary classmates, yes Riel? Roel? Tetch?
3. Serendra's High Street: My friend The Bossing heads Community Innovations of Ayala, and I am always inspired by their vision of a community. I like being in Fully Booked, love walking along High Street, and love the sights of the Serendra crowd. What that place gives me is not so much the ubiquitous sight of Louis Vuitton-clad ladies, but a wonderful vision of a beautiful place surrounded by the company of loving and fantabulous friends catching up, relaxing and sharing our own vision of the future.
4. Salcedo Market: It inspires because I like the community. It reminds me of the nights we spent at Alfaro Place, the tiny condo unit of Ime and those wonderful moments of our friendship, filled with laughter and talks that extend into the wee hours of the morning, and a wonderful Saturday market, the final end cap to our Friday girl's night in.
5. New countries to visit: I've always said that travel expands our horizon and the journey leaves something in me that expands my vision. This year, I have my eyes set in Cambodia's Angkor Wat with the lovely Irish bar/lodge M is talking about. But who knows what the world has in store for me?
6. Greenbelt 3,5, the Ayala Museum, Cafe M, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Max Brenner's and the new Chateau 1771. I just love this place, love having coffee at the CBTL with Divine, with Cie, with Tita Vickie and Fr. Ed, with L. This is my playground because I just love Makati on weekends. (Note: I don't shop here, it is just too pricey.)
7. Kingspoint: because the houses here are huge, I can see a huge expanse of the sky from Buboy's mansion; I like hearing the birds chirping at L's house, and I love King's Gate's sizzling tenderloin.
8. Manila's Best Kept Restaurant Secrets: yes, I love food. After all, I do this for a living. And yes, this book, released last December is worth it. All of those restaurants have their stories, and we have a plan to get inspired by their food and their stories, one by one.
No comments:
Post a Comment