Friday, February 01, 2008

Against Gravity, Against All Odds

So there I was having a bad day, and without a dog to walk after office or a steady badminton play partner, I sluggishly sling the laptop bag onto my shoulders, resigned to the fact that I would watch another DivX video,or two before calling it a night.

***

I asked my BGFF what he was up to tonight, he said tonight he's looking forward to going home. Yesterday I asked him the same thing he said he was going to cook macaroni salad. The other day he was the one who asked me what I was up to, he was craving for Hotshots and that's what he was having for dinner. Don't get me wrong he leads a busy life, with gym and trainer 3x a week, and all the other stuff but we've been doing this bored routine for ages that one day I finally turned it into a Q & A. Interesting answers, watch out for that interview. In the meantime, he said tonight that we should jog the spic and span baywalks of Roxas Boulevard, to which I readily agreed.

***

I promised I'd start cooking again because by trying not to fill up the fridge so I won't be tempted to eat, I only end up eating takeout fried foods, but again tonight I forget and say I'd do it tomorrow. It isn't as much fun doing the grocery by myself as having arguments with L while he's ruminating the sinigang mix section trying intently to decide whether we should have the sinigang sa miso or gabi. (We are complete opposites--his tempo is slow and relaxed while I am hyperbeat).

***

The other night I thought of steaming crabs, adding a dash of salt and pepper to taste, and I remember eating the chilli crabs from the hawker's market in singapore. I also remember Anna's salmon rendition in british columbia, so simple yet so divine. Just add some italian herbs and spices, salt and pepper and pop it in the oven. Hmnn.. Ditch the rice and make the fish the main course.

***

All these thinking about food made me think that losing weight is so against human nature, that's why it's so difficult. The older we get, the slower the metabolism, the faster we gain weight. To turn the tide is so against gravity's natural course, which is to free fall, to go down, TO LET GO. Applying Einstein's equation where force is equal to mass x acceleration, all I have to do is to apply great force in acceleration to get my tushy moving. Oh but I know this already. The question is where to get the willpower to do it-- what moves the brain?
Visualize. The secret is to believe, and ask and the universe makes it happen, according to The Secret.
Oh shoot I have to get up at 6 for my badminton workout tom at 8 to 9:30 AM.
I believe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, just when i didn't care anymore about my size, that was when the weight started to come off. weird talaga.

Anonymous said...

you are an aberration.

oh well, maybe it's got a lot to do with genes.

in my case, if I let go, it will come piling in until one day when I look at the mirror, it's the siopao me I see already. And someone is sure to make a comment.