Thursday, August 16, 2007

She LOLs

Before I realize it, I was laughing out loud, as the mostly foreigner and rockwell/near rockwell residents crowd thinned out of SOM's Noodle House while the rain poured this Thursday night. Not a while ago, as I waited to be picked up at my house, I found myself crying again, immersed in such deep misery that it was getting harder to control,triggered by something:some bit of news, some trickle of hope, someone, some faint memory that crops up. As I looked around at my sanctuary, I was glad that this time, I'll be seeing a familiar face, instead of starting off on new adventures that make me spread myself out too thin.

I ride in a swanky new Honda Civic, and am mesmerized by the smell of the new car, the leather, the criss-crossing windshield blades, and the dashboard with its huge digital odometers,speedometers and chuva-chenesses. Not long after, I get dissed for being the drama queen, and I heard two messages, which seemed to be part of the agenda for the night, as we waited for tables to be vacated in this carinderia along Rockwell.

2 Lessons:
"You know what's wrong? It's you. Suck it up. Own it. Then deal with it. Learn to deal. So he broke up with you, so it ended awfully. Learn to deal. Don't blame him, don't hurt yourself anymore, and don't hurt others. Especially the ones you love. Let them find themselves,let them grow, but resolve not to hurt each other anymore. There's too little time and too much to do to waste it hurting, demanding. What a terrible way to waste time being lonely and miserable when you can be happy. Look you're laughing now, and even if you're laughing at me, see-that's so much better.."

We reach the second point after our pad thai,bagoong rice, spring rolls and beef; while the sticky rice and ripe mango is being laid onto our table.

"The other point is, who said you can't do it alone? That you can't be alone, in control and happy? Let's practice that, let's try that this time.."

It's Thursday (the day that's getting in the way of our TGIF), and in less than an hour, it's going to be our favorite day, when work is done (it never gets done, but at least our minds tell us it is) for the week. Thank you for the ride, thank you for making me laugh,thank you for continuing to inspire me.

TGIF girl, I get called that today. Said exciting part of my life's about to start. Exciting. That's a good day to start a Friday.

1 comment:

Drowsy Chaperone said...

you're welcome. i enjoyed myself and got a good laugh too when you told me to stop squinting to not look like a LOLa.

remember the 2 lessons!