Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Other Half Is Dead

"It was over, he knew it, and all that was left was the thing itself:dying."
.......

"Slowly,very slowly he sat up, and as he did so he felt more alive and more aware of his own living body than ever before. Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?..."
........

"Like rain on a cold window, these thoughts pattered against the hard surface ofthe incontrovertible truth, which was that he must die.I must die. It must end."

.......

"The world had ended, so why had the battle not ceased....?"
-J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

.......

Determined to reach the end, I lie awake, dismissing time; I am awake night or day, it doesn't matter what the ending is. The thing we know for sure, is that, it has ended.

No comments: