Monday, January 02, 2006

Seven

I was a latebloomer-

I still giggled in my 20s,

my hair was unkempt,

eyebrows unplucked

lips devoid of colour

and cared little about boys.

Along my journey I didn't think

I had a missing piece

I've always felt whole-

scattered but fine,

I chuckle and shriek

I try, I fumble.

You were there when I was at my best

And when I'm broken, your silence

Was my best support.

You glowed in my shining moments,

Your presence,

Has always made me calm.

How I miss many of those days

When I talked and you listened,

And when I argued, you'd try to be patient

When I crow, you never let go

When I let go,

You never did.

In despair I try to keep sane

I write about you,

Remembering you in my heart.

I have known its power

O'er distance, over time

It sneaks up on me.

Last night I counted my blessings

I had seven.

Wonderful ones,

Warm, Sappy, crappy

I remember most of it,

but you remember all.

Your happiness is my happiness,

And mine, how you long for mine.

What a sweet bunch of sorrow

What tomorrow may bring,

Yet rest easy,

is all that I hear.

No comments: