It was a quiet and lazy Sunday afternoon. The white and sheer curtain flaps are billowing against the gentle breeze, while soft, almost muted chirping of the birds can be heard. The wind makes its presence known; tree leaves are fanning the hot, tropical climate with air that lulls the people around the house to sleep. The cream-colored couch is inviting and I browse through the magazines, my favorite slowing down activity because one’s thoughts are led, and one does not have to think. I just read the small print and stare at the big pictures, and off I go to la-la-land.
I wake up to a kiss, a peck from my tall, dark and handsome rich husband who lightly pats my back to tell me it is merienda time, and the kids will soon come down from their rooms. My eyes light up as I gaze upon him, and he helps me up to my feet. We hold hands while we make our way to the kitchen. Apparently he was inspired to concoct another version of pasta, or spaghetti to the kids, while everyone was asleep. This is something he does once in a while, and every time he does this makes Sundays feel special. I make my way to my favorite machine in the house, the osterizer, and make our favorite fresh dalandan shake. I remember I ordered Rina’s blueberry cheesecake; the kids would love it, although a nice polvoron session with the kids would have been more fun.
I began setting up the lanai, getting my dainty rose designed plates and the tall pitcher while Honey wakes up the kids. I can hear the kids’ happy shrieks while they make their way to me.
The workshop I am attending is coming to a close. What a way to multi-task. Too bad, there is no wireless connection so I can easily upload this. Oh well, that is why somebody came up with the word dream.
Inspiration:
- Vogue , with the Madonna cover
- Sonya’s garden for the house, the weather, the billowing curtains and the dalandan shake
- Toot toot waking me uo to tell me about his new pasta went I went to Singapore to de-stress
- Ikea for home accessories
- Desperate Housewives for the women
- Rina’s fabulous cakes
- Charmz’ and Yobel’s polvoron cooking session for Tatay
No comments:
Post a Comment