Saturday, December 31, 2005

Home Ideas

I love IKEA. Its home furnishing and accessories is like Disneyland to me these days. "Sweet dreams are made of these," I am reminded of a line from an Annie Lennox song. Although IKEA is actually a low-budget home furnishing outlet, it sparks wonderful and creative ideas in my distraught mind, giving me something to look forward to. For instance, I used to think beech would be the color scheme of Studio 34, and then I talked to a furniture expert and she said the popular wood color these days is dark. And so I thought my new scheme was going to be dark wood, but then I looked at white, and ooh-lala, it looked just the right color for me. White shelf wooden planks would be put on the wall to act as a book/CD/DVD holder. White bed and white side tables, white Japanese lamps. The overall white theme would be accompanied by stainless steel color, Toot Toot convinces me.
A set of halogen lamps hung from the ceiling could also be the option, but I figured this can work well with the high-ceiling of the condo (see picture with the staircase and bulky TV set), and should be used to accentuate a painting or artwork. The halogen lamps can be quite intense for the bedroom. Cost of the 5-set halogen lamp from IKEA, $129 or around PhP4.5K. In the meantime, I remind myself I have to start with just a bed, an airconditioning unit, a lamp and a fridge.
Chris fell for these glass-covered cabinets and the white theme for the bathroom as well. For the other areas of the bedroom, a workstation, a reading corner or TV set would be an option.

Next project, the dining and nook area.
I like the stainless steel table hooked up to the wall, I can put 2 high-backed chair or stools and it would work well. A foldable wooden area may also be considered.

IKEA linked to ikeaph.multiply.com
Valentines linked to Valentines.com.ph

No comments: