First rule is to never give up. Your world may be in chaos, and you want to run away from your problem, from the most important people in your life, from your friends and everyone else, but there are good sides and bad sides to every situation.
It may be a temporary setback, but nothing you can't bounce back from. You could not help the worrying, the crying and even if you chose to let go of relationships so as not to be a burden to anyone in order to fix your problem, you did not have to be alone. And yes, indeed, the worst thing is not knowing where you're going.
So second rule is to choose! And stick to it, live up to the consequences of your decision, be firm in your resolve, own it. Instead of running away, worrying about what could be, and telling yourself over and over you don't know where you're going, and letting go of opportunities that are coming now, take it all in, face it and see it as part of your growth process.
The good side is you will know what matters to you, who will be there to help you during these trying times; you will find out in the process who you are, and your character will be molded out of this experience. You need not hide from the truth, and you will be liberated from all the years of fear and insecurity. You get another chance, you get another chance!
The wonderful thing about life is we can always pick ourselves up from a fall, dust ourselves up, and try to do better. We can always have a do-over.
Success happens, in the end, to those who have the best resolve and quiet will to overcome the most trying time in their life. Day in and day out, they keep focus, and never let go.
I believe this, even if I did not imagine my life at 33 to be like this. I imagined it differently, or rather not so different from the others where I'd be married at 30, have kids and settle in a humdrum life of rituals. Instead I now find myself single, struggling to further grow and be strong, defining my happiness in small terms, learning to be grateful, and humbled by my iniquities and brokenness, yet remaining hopeful, not for a life with a man, but for a life where in the end I will be happy for the way it turned out, from the choices I made.
No comments:
Post a Comment