Today we learn about recurrence-meaningful repetition of words,images,ideas, phrases, sounds, objects or actions. Recurrence strengthens our writing, makes it more powerful and persuasive.
From the word MAYBE, we are asked to cluster. I penned on my paper- MAYBE life is really unfair,MAYBE it's time to run, MAYBE it's You, MAYBE I'm wrong, MAYBE you should know better, MAYBE I'll get some sleep. I chose the last statement, and clustered around this thought. This is what I came out with.
one by one the lights are dimmer,
and the noise grows faint.
slowly,gently, everything's quiet;
one bright light flickering away
until all there is-
is darkness.
softly, gently, i listen to the stillness of the night,
tossing and turning, until all the voices in my head are silenced.
a song to listen to, a book to read, until--
slowly, gently, the soft wind calms the spirit
and a lullaby sets me to sleep.
one by one, the lights are dimmer,
and the noise inside my head grows faint.
No comments:
Post a Comment