Thursday, September 20, 2007

Oh Loverboy (s)

"Oh loverboy if you call me home,i'll come driving,i'll come driving as fast as wheels can turn.."
Driving,E.B.T.G.

I look at my room with my new purchases- it still looked small, though a lot sexier. A splash of bold color on the former beige couch with the new red pillows, an orange fabric casually laid across it, yellow lighting from an ikea lamp, tindra lilac scented candles, new curtains in muted tones that match the bedsheet, making the room more relaxing with the airconditioning on and The Chillout Project music playing in the background, and viola, what do i have? A lovepad.
A lovepad for one, that is.
And it feels good!

****
"She doesn't have a single romantic bone in her body!, " F tells me this about his officemate whom he made a bet with that she won't be married in 5 years time. She's 28. She'd be my age then. I almost made a sidebet that she would, and he'd better get ready with his 3 lechon for her wedding, but he seemed so sure about it. He said he can smell an old maid in the making a mile away. So then I turned to him and asked,
" What about me? What do you see?"
It was not out of desperation, I was just gaugeing how he'd react, a deliberate move, and I was right, he mumbled some sort of an answer.
Ha-ha-ha

***
I'm still having problems sleeping, and finally, my ipod opm tunes help me catch some zzzzs the other night (spongecola's rendition of crazy for you-nice!). Last night though,i toss and turn, i tumble and change positions-horizontally, vertically. Then this alarm clock Xtin and I bought from Ikea,with the classic ear-popping sound literally makes me jump off the bed. It's morning again, and I think of him.

***
He apologized to me in the car, while we were stuck in traffic, and told me he's excited for me; teaching me that timing is everything, while in the next breath he tells me he is Deuce Bigelow, servicing lonely women- single mothers driving all the way to Lipa to see him, a girl who likes to play the role of housekeeper, a brainy friend who has benefits, and others who just knock at his door. I wondered, when did men evolve to be like this? They don't even have to ask, no dining and wining, don't even have to play, it just eventually happens. He is contented- he has his kids, his challenging work and his freedom. "I don't know what it is, but they keep coming back for more.." followed by that Taipan laugh everyone knows about. I kept my mouth shut. I didn't know what to say.

***
There's a looming Singapore trip in November, I'm being asked to go.
The other night I said I loved him.
Tonight, I think I'm over him.
The pain was so bad I don't think I'll forget.

"Someday I will forget
Don't call me don't write
Don't you walk in the middle of the night to say that you've been thinking
you know that we needed some time and space to breathe in..
This is letting go, this is letting go"


He is coming home in October. I don't know if I should see him at all. I am happier now.

***
It's official. I have a new boytoy.
And I knew I love him, even before I met him.



No comments: