Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Year of Magical Thinking

Title borrowed from Joan Didion's book on overcoming grief.....I have a theory, and actually, it may have already been proven by some, so let me rephrase that- i have a testimonial.....When i woke up today, focusing on my path, realizing i am surrounded by many people who support me, and love me, the pain was less pronounced, and there was,yes, joy in my heart. I can now smile, engage in friendly banter, and participate in normal social interactions. I know i have a purpose, and i should not quit trying to live to become the person God intended me to become.Slowly, i had no qualms about going at it alone.Deal with the cards laid out on my table, give it to me- i had less fear. There may be many lessons to be learned here -but let these words be again heard, pain and shattered dreams can break you open, but deciding to overcome this, this thought alone will make the soul rise up and the world beckons to your calling. Anything goes! Whatever happens, I will be ok. So today, I faced many dreams of mine and actually did something about it. All bets are off! Life, as it turns out, with all its twists and turns, can be exciting.

No comments: