Monday, April 09, 2007

Kids, Swimming, Tagaytay, Kids, Food, Kids

First of all, Happy Easter!

I looked around at activities and places to bring kids. I asked my friends who have kids, looked at newspapers for events/things to do. It depends on the budget but here are some of the things I found out were worth doing:

1. Buy an inflatable pool, lay it out in your garage or if you live in Sampaloc, lay it out on the street, gather the kids who have their pools, pour water using your good old pail from water gathered last night, and make them swim. At the end of their swimming, Tito Estong brought out his blue picnic table and asked the kids to eat the fried chicken, rice and Coke they prepared. We gave them watermelon, and I took their pics. They looked like they had fun, and it didn't matter to them if they were in Boracay or Leyte del Sur!


2. Bring them to the zoo. The Manila Zoo is still the cheapest and most fun for the kids at only P30 (for Manila residents). The Tagaytay zoo at the residence inn is a private zoo and is "a robbery" (as my Taiwanese friend would say it) at P99 for adults and P50 for kids. The play area is dirty, although the music kept Ysa dancing for a good 30 minutes, singing along to the music, pointing her ears, eyes and counting as she sings to the kiddie music.



3. Any mall with a good play area. I found out that although I wouldn't go near The Marketplace (hahaha- this is the one in Kalentong), they have a good floor of a play area, and clean too. I mean it, an entire floor of rides, inflatables, infant area (where a DVD is set up), books and puzzles, slides and complete with 2 basketball hoops. The best part is that it only costs P70/hour compared to Shangrila's P385 and the Fun Ranch at Tiendesitas for P195/hour.

4. Drive, drive, drive them around. My nephew Miguel, who is four, and my niece Ysabel who is 2 both love me or do they love my car more? When they see me, they know they will go out and they will have a good time. They like riding in the car, period. I took them today to Tagaytay. I liked the drive because there is no traffic, I like seeing the greenery, and I really like the fresh air from Tagaytay. Some of the best restaurants there are- Buon Giorno for a good view and good italian food, steak by Chef Paul Huang at the Firelake Grill, the best salad at Sonya's garden, good food at Breakfast at Antonios , will check out Antonio's soon, Bag of Beans for their coffee and pies, Amira's for the best ube, apple and buco tarts, Mushroom Burger (for the novelty), Taal Vista for their breakfast buffet. I am such a foodie..


No comments: