
-----Original Message-----
From: ACA
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006
11:25 AM
To: 'dodi 'john'
Cc: Elaine
Subject: superman review
Thanks Dodi and John for the Superman tickets.
Although I can’t help but compare Brandon Routh from Christopher Reeve, I must admit,
Brandonmatched the Superman character. There is that striking resemblance, plus today’s digital technology and musical scoring has added to the excitement on watching yet another Superman serving. The plot is thin- after all, what story is there to tell, after 3 Supermans and Smallville?, but the audience was kept quiet by the thudding sounds, and those aerial, spatial shots from all kinds of angles made me feel I could fly that way and not feel my knees wobble when taken up in the air. Those to me were the highlights. At times when I almost feel like texting, the pace would quicken and the director’s vision brings you to another way of executing a superhero shot in motion. The plane rescue during the first scene is visually captivating and sets the tone of the entire movie. It’s like having multiple-angled visions all at once. Kudos to director of photography, and the director himself.
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor is of course, charming and cunning at the same time, while Parker Posey’s Kitty seemed to just fit the depth and evil of Lex (she is shallow but has conscience). What can I say, I loved Kate Bosworth more in that surfing movie of hers, Blue Crush.
O, this is to express my thanks.
By the way, please help me understand why Pepsi did not choose to take advantage of the Mountain Dew exposure and chose to use Mirinda instead? There is a long scene of Lois and Clark hailing a taxicab, and she gets on one with a Mountain Dew signage on top. Also, hope you can fill me in on our new Slurpee, how come our leadtimes are changing? I thought 1 month product development is Ok. If we needed to get US approvals on the flavor development, we should sit down and discuss the correct procedure to set our expectations right.
Armi
-----Original Message-----
From: Christine E. Tolentino [mailto:
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006
12:39 PM
To: 'ACA'; 'MCC'Subject: RE: superman review
Abapwede na sa review pang takilya ha! May alternatibong kareer ka na ija!
Anyway… Yup I think its for novelty why people would watch it. I’ve watched the 3, why miss this one.
Sayang we didn’t get CARS! Naiyak ako pramis. :D
Just for your info, MS has been also acquiring movie licenses. Last march was Ice Age, and now its Garfield 2, and they’re using the same promo mechanics all over again, P60 +participating item. I think it’s a good strategy, to acclimatize people to raise their spending to P60, but the tumblers are so boring!
Superman will be the last of the comic-inspired movies for this year. Movies to watch in 2007 are:
Shrek 3: no date yet
Spiderman: May 2007
The Simpson Movie:
Pirates of the Carribean 3
Oceans 13
************
All in a day's work.
P.S. Ang gwapo ni Superman
My Superman review. Do I think it’s going to be better at the boxoffice than Spiderman? No. Than Batman, yes.
Anyway, if only life can be like the movies, I’d be in Lost in Translation, Before Sunset and in Shake Rattle and Roll.
Hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment