Tuesday, September 19, 2006

32 sa Lotto, 42 sa Megalotto, 75 sa Bingo


They say 40 is the new 30. As I turn 32 this week, I realize I don't have anything much to say. The past week my constant companion has been my 29 inch Samsung TV, my dinner is comprised of a light pack of green leafy salad, and my mornings marked by my daily fresh brew of coffee and a short trip to the office. Last week I dreamt I had a really gwapo boyfriend, but then we broke up, and the other night I dreamt of a Japanese lover. (Toot Toot told me assured me he was both). The past 3 days I was unable to sleep soundly, and woke up at 3 AM. Twice I could not sleep again, so I had to call a home service massage the following day which ensured sleeping like a log. Yesterday I almost hit a motorcycle driver in Shaw crossing to Addition Hills in San Juan, but I could maneuver tight parking spaces. After a year and enough Adidas/Nike aero outfits, I still have difficulty going to the gym.
So what if whatever wisdom I got isn't enough to bottle and market across the nation? Last Friday, for instance, I find myself participating in what was a favorite high school pasttime..
212: : Pag nakikita ko mukha nya sya parang gusto kong hatawin ng tennis racket...(we were meeting with a very bitchy brand manager who's now VP-marketing of a known brand)
A: Tennis racket? Eh butas butas na yung mukha nya eh..
Xtin: Hahahahahahaahahahahaaahaha
*****
There are so many things to look forward to as one grows older. There is less confusion about where one wants to go, and it feels more comfortable to be in your own skin. And yet, habits of the old need to be worked on every day to shape one's character. Discipline is required, I must live in complete alignment with the values, virtues and qualities that are most important to me .
In the meantime, everyday is a struggle to be the person God intended me to be.

No comments: