It was a rainy week, but the wrath of Henry did not stop me from going all the way to King's point , QC to visit Toot Toot's friends, who are now my close friends as well. I had of course, my drink of choice, Cabernet Sauvignon wine, while Red brought out 4 bottles of Paul Masson red wines. They used to be San Mig Light, Strong Ice, GranMa and MP (emperador) drinkers, but they get so knackered and wasted they have delusions the morning after. So in the meantime, the drink of choice is red wine, which is perfect for this balmy weather.
I spend my time chatting up Mike who tells me more about his future plans about his Vespa while I wait for Reina and Bea. (Reina is Mike's best friend, Bea is Mike's girlfriend,and Sid is Reina's boyfriend). We have finished a bottle before Sid arrived looking like he's on his way to a Padi's Point gimmick, but we decide to transfer to Junday's place. As each bottle of wine is poured, new wave music wafts through the air, and tongues get loose. Men talk more loudly, while Reina and I eat menudo and kanin at 2 AM. By 2:30 I am dizzy and could not take more wine. Sid drinks it like sago, with ice and in clear plastic cup made of PS material.
I spent the night at Reina's and she realized how autistic I became when placed in front of a PC with internet connection. She made a hearty brunch, a good thing as later on she and I waded in water before we made our way to Red's house blessing. Drink of choice- more wine. Great with lengua, salisbury steak and seafood. Red's dad decides to join us on a sequence picture spree courtesy of Buboy's new phone, while Cha, Jeff, and Chichi finished 2 bottles of tequila.
*********
My favorite wine buddies called an impromptu dinner and decided to hold it in my house. No planning is great planning in this case, as the table is full and my cup isn't empty.
Appertif: cheese and fruit platter c/o Consuelo
Salad: Goolai's roastbeef salad
Main course: beef lasagna ordered from Superdough Catering with garlic parsley bread
Wine and entertainment:Ipod with Altec Lansing speakers and Principle of Joy music courtesy of Bob
Highlight of the night: We each had a Samsung phone for the night, for market trial. Decided to call on Ime in Malaysia and Toot Toot in Singapore, while blabbering nonsense stuff. 30s is the new 40s, but we still had nothing of wisdom to say.
Knocked off at 11 PM. Tomorrow is another day.
1 comment:
Hi,
Tiger Lily. There's a wine called Petite Sirah from the Russian River area of Mendocino in Northern California.Its made with a smaller grape and is available in select wine stores. If you read up on it and present a bottle at a special party or dinner party it will be a great hit and your friends will think your really sophisticated...
Anyway I enjoy reading your blog from way back in 2005 although I just stumbled across it as I was looking up a body lotion called spa therapy by Takbo Ltd.
Post a Comment