
I've never taken this lovely sunset photo before from Boracay. This year I get my sunset photo, taken from the ever popular Canon IXY, Japan local model with 5 megapixels.
Boracay's low season starts June 15, and rates go as low as 2000 per room (twin sharing) per night at Station 2 to some of the good ones in Station 1. There have been many changes in my beautiful Boracay, but here are the top 10 reasons why I love Boracay.
1. Strolling along the 4km fine white sands, in the afternoon just before sunset, where people play frisbee, volleyball, swim, bike, walk their dogs, stroll or just walk hand in hand with friends, family or lovers

2. Food, food , food. There's the soft and delicious baby back ribs at Gastoff, Mexican at Manana, Jonah's fruit shakes, True Food (Indian), Rosti, Aria's pizza, pasta and coffee, mango mango mango shake and halo halo everywhere, and of course grilled food and breakfast deals almost everywhere.
3. Shopping - cheap or not, there are plenty of good finds at Bora. I found real nice T-shirts from Lonely Planet, but if you find P228/shirt expensive you can always buy at D'Mall for P85. From one of the stalls at D'Mall I bought nice wooden bangles (P300) and mixed it with cheap but nice majestic ones. Good Bohemian necklaces, as well as pearl earrings, necklaces and others. Foreigners gawk at the pearls and wonder at the price. Vendors who sell real pearls are not afraid to rub them onto each other to produce pearl powders without destroying the pearls, or even light fires over the pearls. There's an accessory designer there named Arthur Li-ro who makes really lovely trinkets, from earrings to brooches, etc. Each piece is really a work of art. Bags from Uswag, lamps and furniture pieces can also be found. In the retail arena, Andoks has 4 stalls in Boracay, Chowking has a halo halo booth, Ice Monster, Chicken Inasal, and Lemon City have also put put their outlets there.
4. The beach! The colors come in all hues of blue, aqua, deep blue, royal blue, bluegreen, heck, I can even invent my own blue shade. Even if you don't know how to swim, like me, how can you not love the placid waters, set amidst the bright blue sky5. Water fun: I can't swim but I love snorkeling. The rich marine life , with corals and fishes is such a sight to behold. Aside from the beauty down under, the calm, relaxing feeling under the sea is a totally different experience. One can also go parasailing, wakeboarding, diving, sailing, or do the boat trip to take you around Crocodile Island, Crystal Cave, Puka Beach, Bulabug Beach, Balinghai, Diniwid Beach, Friday's, Fairways and Blue Waters...
6. Massage: It just completes the total Boracay experience. Walk the beaches, eat, then massage
7. Bars and music: Pier One has a lovely setting at night. Your ceiling is the starlit sky, your window view is the deep ocean, and you are seated comfortably in bean bags, sipping margarita. Your company-friends; conversation- anything under the sun ,or in this case under the shooting stars; price- it is priceless.
8. Take it slow and relax. This is the gateway to relaxation, to changing your tempo, your harried pace. You dont have to get up in the morning and shower. In fact, you don't have to shower and you don't have to get up in the morning. You can stay as late as you want, or get up at night and sleep all day.
9. Beautiful resorts: If you want a hotel type, you can stay at Boracay Regency, or one of them building types. You can also stay at bungalows, bahay kubo, in isolated Nami or Lorenzo villas, in pricey Friday's, Le Soleil, Red Coconut, Pearl of the Pacific, Boracay Tropics, or choose to stay in True Home Hotel, or up inside the island at a price of P300 per night. You can also stay for months like what some foreigners do, or at US$1000, you can rent a place fo r a year to take a sabbatical. I wish I were a writer (you know, a real one, one who makes a living being a good writer), what lovely stories to tell. "Oh, I'm here in Boracay. I've been here since early this year, I'm writing my next novel".
10. Be lazy. Do nothing. With yourself, with someone, with your group of friends or family. It's easy to strike up a conversation with anyone. Foreigners come in droves, some as young as 15 to backpack, or to find a summer fling. Some go here alone. To start rebuilding their life.
Do nothing for now. Then when you're ready, start all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment