Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Off to Beijing..but tomorrow is a Kulinarya Experience!



Today I get my e-ticket to Beijing. It is my first time in mainland China, and it is going to be autumn transitioning to winter when we get there next week. That means bringing out the musty, dusty winter clothes and updating the look. The last time I donned these clothes were in 2007, at zero to 4 degrees Celsius, with snow in Dallas, Texas and the chilly winds of Vancouver. I was more excited about the clothes than the trip, only because we don't have autumn or winter here in the Philippines. This time I wanted to personalize my look. Fashion is fun, and dressing up in winter clothes is almost like becoming a different person.





The fall/winter look from www.whowhatwear.com gave a lot of inspiration, and several choices to customize your look. But I was drawn to the casual looks of Sienna Miller, Kate Moss and Katie Holmes. Of course, I have always been drawn to the simple, not over the top look. That being said, these style icons are lean and gorgeous, so there is a bit of trick required in selecting the garments for me. Basta, I'll buy whatever calls out to me. I'll know what it is.




Dry cleaning costs a fortune. The bill for my Moto jacket and 2 coats cost me 700. This Topshop biker jacket I got from Topshop is P3595, plus the striped red scarf 995, skinny jeans P3095 (ok this is optional especially since I am not skinny- haha), Hush Puppies winter aerosoles water-resistant boots P3200. I decided to get the shoes because it is free-zing cold, ranging from -2degrees Celsius to -6. The shoes should be fit for a walking marathon- we are, after all checking out the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China.




In the meantime, I'm off tomorrow for a 2-day Kulinarya Experience, a food trip from Laguna to Quezon.

1 comment:

sweetlemon said...

Wow Ms. A! Who will you be going with to China? Kainggit naman! Hehehe! Wear skinny jeans and boots!!! Investment boots! Hahaha! :)
- Puto