My bestest friends and I were walking along Greenbelt 5, admiring the building and landscape architecture when we saw the shadow of another friend. Was it him? We weren't too sure because we passed by Julia Fordham and we didn't recognize her. Yes, indeed, it was Roblao, with his girlfriend.
We missed his birthday celebration this year, and we were demanding for it. Anne was quite shocked about our candidness, but we were real friends, the kind who's seen us when we were still nene. We ended up having coffee/tea/San Mig Light at Chateau 1771's comfy couch seats outside, fronting Greenbelt 3. We wanted to know more about bossing's new beau (?) you see.
In between sips of chamomile tea, we find out she's much younger than him, and of course we asked how they met, and how he made ligaw to her. When she went to the restroom, we asked if he had some important announcement to make. We will see, he says. We were just happy to see him have a life, we tell Anne. Sony notices the subtle changes in his looks. Anne then tells us she's responsible for that, changing his shirts, his ties, his shoes. We admit they looked good. And Robert seems happy.
What a fun night. Where does the time go? We keep coming back to our twenties when we first worked and lived together. We keep reminiscing about Japan, about hyaku (100 ) yen shops, our apartments, and comparing notes to our current abodes. He is the first person I know to own a 3-bedroom unit in Serendra. Whistle whistle.
Where does the time go? We kept laughing and reminiscing until we were the only ones left in the restaurant.
Oh where does the time go? We're in our thirties...our friends, peers and colleagues have had one, two, three kids.
Where does the time go?
Could it be true?
At Last
At last, my love has come along,
My lonely days are over,
And life is like a song,
Ohhh at last
The stars above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover,
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to,
A dream that I, can call my own,
I found a thrill, to press my cheek to,
A thrill that I, have never known,
Ohhh you smile, you smile
And then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven,
For you are mine, at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment