Monday, February 04, 2008

A good weekend.
Thanks to some sun, some inuman, some cards, some walking, some friends, some one.
The walk with Cranberry and L was particularly fun. We were half running, half walking and passed by a famiy of goats, yes, in a QC village. The goats first looked at us, at Cranberry in particular. I was unfamiliar with how goats' temperaments are, and so I observed quietly, and noted their looks as we passed them by. Curious enough, they started making all sorts of noises after we were safely away.

"Meee meee meee"

I thought to myself, "What could they be saying?"
Do they envy the beagle being walked? Being walked by a girl and a guy?


"Meee mee mee"

Or were they asking why she has a collar while they were free to run around?
Or was it because their mother goat was also tied to a post?
Were they asking Cranberry where she was going? If they could go with her?




Cranberry did not mind them at all, she was busy sniffing the ground. When she saw another dog being walked, then she made all sorts of sounds. Interesting, this animal dynamics.

Meanwhile while Cranberry was running, I thought she looked fat, with her rotund belly and when during the walk she was gasping for breath but doing it with the sound of someone choking rather than panting, I told her, "Cranberry you're a dog but you sound like a pig."

I couldn't help but think, though, about reincarnation. What if upon return to life, I would be a dog, a goat or a pig? I wouldn't let the obvious thought sink in, about which life was better. I wanted to fill this human life first, and make it the best I could.

****

A friend almost won the Peel A Million contest of 7-Eleven, with his cards complete except for a diamond. I told him I think I have a diamond. Turns out I have a heart, not a diamond. Pretty much the same in real life, I mused.


****

Have to say goodbye to two people in my life. The other one is bittersweet, she will go a long way and it is time for her to fly.

This other one, well it is regrettable and should be forgettable. The worst decision of my life is having trusted someone who is not worthy of my trust. And that's you.

Goodbye.
Thank God.

****

Enough with so much drama. It's Monday. Back to the grind!

No comments: