Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Same Time Last Year

Same time last year I was in Dallas, Texas, jet lagged but having a wonderful time bonding with my Taiwanese, Malaysian and American colleagues. Mostly it was a business trip but there is a different feel to it- soaking up information in a new environment makes it an adventure. I had my first guacamole, Superbowl, authentic Mexican dish and my first taste of the big, slice of an old oil rich American suburban city. I heard from the Today Show again today about Superbowl and I was transported back to where I was last year. They were recounting the best and worst of Superbowl ads. Coke's Charlie Brown ad was an instant hit.

I looked at my photos and I looked the same. Around this time last year, I was in need of re bonding as my bangs were starting to curl up and I would pin my hair or use my eyeglasses as a headband. I was also at least 10 lbs overweight and could use a fitness regimen, with my arms slightly larger in proportion than the rest of my body and I have no waistline. I notice I have not improved. I looked exactly the same as a year ago. Except a year ago I was hiding something. I was a different person, changed by circumstances.

Now summer beckons. I learned I will be in Boracay on Holy Week, attending the Fit N Right Challenge culmination events. Time to shed off the pounds. Hear me struggle, hear me whine.

No comments: