I missed the 7:30 AM call time, and I reach the court at 8 AM. My trainer is there, unlike last time when I almost quit on him because of some miscommunication. There was a huge wall clock that I would turn to every 15 minutes, because I realized the 2 hour session is too daunting, and the exercise becomes easier if I break it down into 15-minute intervals. That's also the time I ask for a water break or walk out the perspiration. The first 15 minutes is the hardest, and I realize how hard it really is to burn off the fats or carbohydrates I kept loading up on. How hard is it to lose 10 lbs? Harder than you think noh. Especially when your work involves a lot of eating.
The next 15 minutes I'm still panting, with my heart rate definitely up, but I don't measure it. The sweat on my face is already trickling down at this time, and the shirt on my back is already wet. The last 30 minutes is the time when my stomach's perspiration pours onto my shirt making almost the entire shirt wet. We spend another 30 minutes improving my kill and drop shots, and my service. We do 2 sets of games, which I almost won, but alas, my trainer wins by 1 point, 21-20. By 9:30 I am content and am looking forward to another game.
I wish I can afford to play daily, or have regular badminton partners. DEP, I will show up one day in your Sunday sessions.
No comments:
Post a Comment