Sunday, March 11, 2007

Yoga Talk Today, Road Trip Tomorrow

My 7-day yoga trial session ends today. As usual, my entire body yells in pain while my mind screams torture. I do not understand why I do this except it makes me blot out everything for 90 minutes, and I sweat horribly, smudging my vision and smearing the laminated floor. I try to concentrate on my breathing as I hear the frantic beating of my heart after each posture, straining my body to levels I've never done before, putting all my weight in one foot while lifting the other leg up in the air while I squeeze all air out of my abdomen and chest.

At the end of the session, Tessa Prieto- Valdez chats me up, telling me not to use the freight elevator, while I compliment her on her still colorful, yet normal clothing. She laughs and tells me she sometimes wears rhinestones just so she can have something to focus on in class. She's very friendly, and tells me to enjoy my sunday while she heads out to the entrance, and I take the exit door.

I walk out the door feeling lighter and in spite the fact that I am alone and I do things on my own, I didn't feel lonely today. Because today I ran errands, then exercised, went to church, and saw my aunt and uncle who visited me at home, making an effort to make me happy, in spite their troubles.
Because last Friday I was with the company of great friends, friends who will keep me company. There are more events, movie nights, beer or wine nights to look forward to.
Because Saturday was spent delighting my niece and nephew, playing in the park, and yet seeing more friends at the Salcedo market for lunch. There will be many more Saturday mornings as wonderful as these.
Because I have a work which I look forward to- no fears!

Because there are many great days ahead. Time alone is a self-discovery. A path to growth.

I am taking a roadtrip to Batangas one of these weekends, taking the western Batangas road from Nasugbu to Agoncillo. I will do this alone, I can cry if I want to, laugh at myself and sing as loud as I want to along with the music I'll play on the cd player. Time heals. Travel is a therapy.

Where the road leads to, no one knows. Life, like they say, is an adventure.

And oh yes, I'm taking the 30-day yoga challenge.

No comments: