Sunday, March 18, 2007

Caleruega



He brought me there one time at a stage in our lives when we were both exploring in our minds the idea that there may be something there. I remember being picked up, driven to Tagaytay and like so many times in the years of knowing each other, there was a pleasant surprise. One time I showed him the view of the 20th floor in Ortigas, and he remembered that moment and wrote that to me years later. However, it was him who was always making me notice "moments", oftentimes because of new places he introduces me to. He showed me how to dance, how to feel appreciated, how to love myself and be proud of myself, and he would often tell me how he liked my smile.



So that afternoon he took me to Caleruega to see the Chapel of Transfiguration. I think he was trying to tell me something, or maybe nothing, but he took pictures of me that day. We spent the day talking, but maybe we were asking what was in our hearts that day. We spent a moment in prayer, asking the Lord to guide us, thanking Him for this moment, thanking Him for this friendship.

Later, he showed me the fountain and told me to make a wish. I don't remember what I wished for that day. I think it had something to do with the other man in my life.
I think Robert did not get the sign he was asking for on that December day, but God granted him his wish.

Robert and I have remained friends over the past 13 years. He is among my few friends whom I can literally call for anything. In life, we all need friends like him. Today I opened my email and I saw pictures of his little girl Yonee. He is so proud of her, and she is growing up to be a beautiful girl.

No comments: