
I still remember why I got into this, all because I've never been a sporty person in my entire life. One day as I hit my thirties I decided I cannot just vegetate and let the pounds pile up. I picked up a racket from Toby's and has not looked back. To say that I enjoy it is an understatement, because I do it at least 4 hours a week. Badminton made me want to improve; even if progress was slow, I always try to get better.
I have only played with Mike less than twenty times, as he is a good player and plays with a regular group in QC called DropZone, but I enjoy his competitive spirit. He gets frustrated at times,with me, or with himself, but I'd rather play with someone who wants to win. Aside from this and having the same circle of friends (his friends actually just adopted me), we actually have one more thing in common, we play to maintain our eating habits. Tsk tsk. We regretfully agree that we will try to lose weight in order to have more endurance and power.

Thanks Mike for the 1st runner up moment. Let's go for gold next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment