
Thanks to Facebook, looks of two decades past began to resurface courtesy of past high school classmates who, even though based elsewhere, managed to bring with them class pictures. And it is not just my class,but everyone seemed to get a kick out of their own batch pictures. L's high school in Notre Dame, for instance even created an account for their HS batch, and uploaded photos of then and now. As it was an exclusive school for boys, it was interesting to see how some transformed from boys to women; with our batch, some who had lesbian tendencies were now mothers, and sporting long hair; some even quitting smoking. These class pictures elicited the most comments in Facebook, which suddenly brought all of us face to face with not only how we looked before but what our aspirations were at that time.
Most of my batch mates are also scattered around the world. There were photos of families, hubbies and kids-a look at their albums showed a lot about how they are living their lives now.
As for me, sometimes (only sometimes), I would wonder why I haven't married, why my fate is different from the common path. I do not think it is a life less fulfilling. I seldom feel melancholic or sad about the life I have led so far. Because oftentimes I am out there discovering something (or just enjoying)about the world, and this makes me feel alive. The life I lead is not happier, or lonelier, nor easier, it just is different.
*****
These days I feel so at home with my new baby, the HP Mini 2140, which I traded up for a Vivienne Tam mini notebook. A sense of style vs substance? I always go for substance, but this baby doesn't look bad at all. In fact it is turning heads. Don't you just love the size of this notebook (and this is truly what I'd call notebook size), and the nice big keypads?
I think that in spite my love for smooth and great textured-paper I may just be giving up on paper-based notebooks, as I seem to write more and more of my notes and thoughts in my Blackberry or straight into this. The digital age is obliterating my need for paper, as I find myself grabbing my Starbucks planner and pen (I gave up on my FranklinCovey planner last year pa), then most often, putting it down and just carrying my phone to meetings. However, I am not giving up on books. That is a totally different story. Magazines, I don't buy so much anymore since there are so much more images and real time stories from my RSS feeds.

******
I think the meaning of life is love. There. I have solved one of life's biggest mysteries. Sheesh. I am OLD.
1 comment:
To the person who in her own little way has taught me a thing or two about life, love and learning. --Thank you for being a friend.(VFF)
Post a Comment